Senior Software Engineering / Development Director Salary
|Salary||$118,955 - $236,874|
|Bonus||$7,149 - $81,289|
|Profit Sharing||$2,500 - $90,000|
|Total Pay (||$124,676 - $312,930|
Job Description for Senior Software Engineering / Development Director
- Hire, review, and fire managers.
- Prioritize and allocate projects, products, and resources with the assistance of architects and managers.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities associated with creating software across multiple functional areas and products.
- Participate in the strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of the software products.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a multi-team or cross-functional organization.
Common Career Paths for Senior Software Engineering / Development Director
As Senior Software Development Directors make advancements in their career path, their salaries may not change right away. For example, the higher-level VP of Computer Software Engineering position pays around the same amount as the Senior Software Development Director job on average.
Senior Software Engineering / Development Director Job Listings
Popular Skills for Senior Software Engineering / Development Director
Survey takers who work as Senior Software Development Directors usually report a few specific skills. Those who have experience with Project Management, Software Development Management, and Software Architecture can expect to be compensated well for these skills. Skills that seem to negatively impact pay include Software Architecture and Software Development Management. It is often found that people who know Project Management are also skilled in Software Architecture.
Pay Difference by Location
For Senior Software Development Directors, busy San Jose offers a higher-than-average pay rate, 21 percent above the national average. Senior Software Development Directors will also find cushy salaries in San Francisco (+9 percent). Trailing the national average by 18 percent, San Diego is the market with the smallest paychecks. Two other places where employers offer below-median salaries are New York (8 percent less) and Atlanta (6 percent less).
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Senior Software Engineering / Development Director
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 13 votes.