Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Tax Specialist is $75,490
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Tax Specialists?
An early career Senior Tax Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $73,021 based on 36 salaries. A mid-career Senior Tax Specialist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $75,072 based on 21 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Senior Tax Specialists Do?
Senior tax specialists work to ensure that a company's taxes are all taken care of so that the company is level with the IRS. Senior tax specialists must know all of the ins and outs of tax laws--which are constantly changing--so they must be prepared to always be learning for their job. If a company is audited and they did not report their taxes properly, the company could owe money and in some cases be in serious trouble for tax evasion.
Senior tax specialists work in offices or cubicles …Read more
- Balance, analyze, prepare, and/or process asset sales, disposals, general ledger accounts, tax returns, and invoices.
- Identify tax issues that arise in the compliance process.
- Prepare federal, state and local income tax filings with quarterly estimates, extensions and tax returns.
- Compile information including sales tax reports, use tax accruals, inventory, accounts payable and fixed asset reports.
- Analyze and code fixed invoices, repair invoices, and apply account classification.