Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Tax Specialist is $83,000 in 2023
What Do Senior Tax Specialists Do?
Senior tax specialists work to ensure that a company's taxes are all taken care of so that the company is level with the IRS. Senior tax specialists must know all of the ins and outs of tax laws--which are constantly changing--so they must be prepared to always be learning for their job. If a company is audited and they did not report their taxes properly, the company could owe money and in some cases be in serious trouble for tax evasion.
Senior tax specialists work in offices or cubicles …Read more
- Balance, analyze, prepare, and/or process asset sales, disposals, general ledger accounts, tax returns, and invoices.
- Identify tax issues that arise in the compliance process.
- Prepare federal, state and local income tax filings with quarterly estimates, extensions and tax returns.
- Compile information including sales tax reports, use tax accruals, inventory, accounts payable and fixed asset reports.
- Analyze and code fixed invoices, repair invoices, and apply account classification.
FAQs About Senior Tax Specialists
What is the highest pay for Senior Tax Specialists in Atlanta?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Senior Tax Specialist in Atlanta is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Senior Tax Specialists in Atlanta?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Senior Tax Specialist in Atlanta is $NaN / year
How can Senior Tax Specialists increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Senior Tax Specialist is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Senior Tax Specialist that oversees more junior Senior Tax Specialists, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.