Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Video Game Designer is $92,888
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Video Game Designers?
An early career Senior Video Game Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $77,386 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career Senior Video Game Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $91,566 based on 8 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Senior Video Game Designers Do?
Senior video game designers often work on teams to design and create video games in hand-held, console, or mobile gaming applications. As senior designers, they may lead their teams in various projects and work closely with artists to create the vision for a video game and with computer programmers to create scripting language.
Those in this position must be able to work with minimal or no supervision and may be responsible for video game contents and related system designs. They may serve as …Read more
- Create and oversee game design, implementing core systems and balanced gameplay experiences.
- Review competitive market and stay abreast of industry trends.
- Oversee gameplay testing and implement feedback into design.
- Manage design team, setting schedules, objectives, and communication strategies.
- Document all aspects of game design, including mechanics, guidelines, and missions.