Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Sheet Metal Supervisor is $26.48
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Sheet Metal Supervisors?
An early career Sheet Metal Supervisor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $20.40 based on 22 salaries. A mid-career Sheet Metal Supervisor with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $24.63 based on 32 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Sheet Metal Supervisors Do?
Sheet metal supervisors are generally responsible for overseeing the manufacturing of sheet metal. They usually oversee the work of several sheet metal fabrication workers and must ensure that they meet all production quotas.
Sheet metal supervisors should have strong customer service skills to interact well with clients, and marketing skills are also beneficial to obtain more jobs. Quality checks of the produced sheet metal are necessary to ensure that the sheet metal meets clients' …Read more
- Plan, organize, assign, direct and control personnel, materials and inventory for all aspects of sheet metal production in the field and in the shop.
- Review equipment, process and procedures for improvements.
- Ensure product delivered on time.
- Inspect finished product for quality.
- Train and mentor employees and apprentices in equipment operation and safety.