Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Shipping & Receiving Supervisor is $16.75
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Shipping & Receiving Supervisors?
An entry-level Shipping & Receiving Supervisor with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $14.33 based on 17 salaries. An early career Shipping & Receiving Supervisor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $15.61 …Read more
What Do Shipping & Receiving Supervisors Do?
Shipping and receiving supervisor positions are common in manufacturing companies and other organizations that regularly ship and/or receive products and supplies. It is rare that any industry-specific knowledge is necessary for applicants to this position, but a general understanding of safety protocols and best practices is essential. Educational requirements vary among companies, with some requiring a bachelor’s degree and others only requiring a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience …Read more
- Coordinate packing and shipping all goods, including assembling packages, weighing them, and tracking costs.
- Update compliance policies around weight, quality, and timeliness for shipping and receiving.
- Study shipping orders, bills of lading, invoices, etc. to determine workflow.
- Resolve discrepancies between orders and goods, such as delays, condition, weight, quality, etc.
- Maintain inventory of incoming, stored, and outgoing goods, as well as current space available.