Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk is $17.97
What Do Shipping and Receiving Clerks Do?
Shipping and receiving clerks work in a variety of industries. They are primarily concerned with the receipt and shipment of products and supplies, as well as maintaining company inventories. These clerks work in a fast-paced environment, managing the logistics of sending and receiving shipments; this includes the use of computer-based systems and interfaces, as well as some manual labor. In addition to maintaining inventories, this also includes the completion of a high volume of paperwork …Read more
- Receive, inspect, inventory, document and store shipments.
- Oversee data system for storage and tracking of goods and shipments.
- Communicate with suppliers, receivers, drivers and staff for smooth shipment.
- Stage loading and unloading areas with appropriate equipment, materials and space.
- Prepare, package, document and deliver outgoing materials.