Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Small Business Owner is $104,762 in 2024
What Do Small Business Owners Do?
Small business owners are the financial and/or executive heads of small business. Their duties can be as simple as serving as the profit-maker of the business and delegating authority to a management team; however, many small business owners are constantly engaged in growing and operating their business.
Becoming a small business owner does require capital to begin, and/or finding investors and raising capital. Small business owners must either develop their own plans, or, in other cases, pay …Read more
- Oversee company operations, directing production, sales, administrative, and/or distribution activities.
- Oversee and/or assist with personnel management, including hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Oversee and/or assist with client acquisition and marketing strategies.
- Develop and/or assist with company-wide policies, procedures, objectives, and business strategies.
- Direct and review financial activities, measuring productivity, setting prices, and/or managing budgets.
FAQs About Small Business Owners
What is the highest pay for Small Business Owners in Chicago?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Small Business Owner in Chicago is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Small Business Owners in Chicago?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Small Business Owner in Chicago is $NaN / year
How can Small Business Owners increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Small Business Owner is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Small Business Owner that oversees more junior Small Business Owners, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.