Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Social Media Analyst is $44,320
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Social Media Analysts?
An early career Social Media Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $50,703 based on 63 salaries. A mid-career Social Media Analyst with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $49,000 based on 10 salaries.
What Do Social Media Analysts Do?
Companies today have to carefully craft and maintain their online brand presence, and this kind of work usually is performed by a social media analyst who is highly skilled in online communication. This job requires a person who is adept at search engine optimization (SEO) and able to maintain a consistent, positive image across the spectrum of current and emerging social media platforms. Social media analysts must gather data to formulate and execute methods of brand maintenance across the …Read more
- Collect, structure, and store information from social media in databases, including appropriate metadata.
- Write copy and produce content for social media platforms within organizational guidelines.
- Define key variables to track and understand brand and customer perceptions and behavior.
- Create and interpret reports on current state of the field, gaps, and opportunities.
- Apply statistical techniques to extract business-relevant findings and make strategic recommendations.