Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Social Media Analyst is $50,761
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Social Media Analysts?
An entry-level Social Media Analyst with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $44,734 based on 41 salaries. An early career Social Media Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $50,832 based on 222 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Social Media Analysts Do?
Companies today have to carefully craft and maintain their online brand presence, and this kind of work usually is performed by a social media analyst who is highly skilled in online communication. This job requires a person who is adept at search engine optimization (SEO) and able to maintain a consistent, positive image across the spectrum of current and emerging social media platforms. Social media analysts must gather data to formulate and execute methods of brand maintenance across the …Read more
- Collect, structure, and store information from social media in databases, including appropriate metadata.
- Write copy and produce content for social media platforms within organizational guidelines.
- Define key variables to track and understand brand and customer perceptions and behavior.
- Create and interpret reports on current state of the field, gaps, and opportunities.
- Apply statistical techniques to extract business-relevant findings and make strategic recommendations.