Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Social Media Analyst is $45,781
What Do Social Media Analysts Do?
Companies today have to carefully craft and maintain their online brand presence, and this kind of work usually is performed by a social media analyst who is highly skilled in online communication. This job requires a person who is adept at search engine optimization (SEO) and able to maintain a consistent, positive image across the spectrum of current and emerging social media platforms. Social media analysts must gather data to formulate and execute methods of brand maintenance across the …Read more
- Collect, structure, and store information from social media in databases, including appropriate metadata.
- Write copy and produce content for social media platforms within organizational guidelines.
- Define key variables to track and understand brand and customer perceptions and behavior.
- Create and interpret reports on current state of the field, gaps, and opportunities.
- Apply statistical techniques to extract business-relevant findings and make strategic recommendations.