The average salary for a Social Worker in Sarasota, Florida is $52,000.
Is Social Worker your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$38k - $63k
$36k - $61k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Social Worker
A social worker will work closely with patients and their families to assess and treat a myriad of issues, and to help in understanding and coping with emotional and social problems of various natures. Excellent communication skills are integral to the job, as the social worker must be able to facilitate education, work with support groups, and provide referrals to patients. The employee will have the resources and research abilities to find information that is relevant to issues particular to a…Read more
Social Worker Tasks
- Provide advocacy and resource services for the patient
- Facilitate education, support groups and referrals
- Gather relevant information pertaining to case issues
- Assess and treat patients and their families in understanding and coping with emotional and social problems
- Maintain caseload, documentation and reevaluate patients at appropriate intervals
Social Worker Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Social Worker in their job title in Seattle, Washington earn an average of 6.9% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Chicago, Illinois (21.1% less), Atlanta, Georgia (18.3% less) and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (15.1% less).
Related Job Salaries
$19k - $41k
$41k - $102k
$30k - $58k
$48k - $111k
$28k - $55k
$24k - $46k
$42k - $88k
$32k - $70k
$32k - $67k
$28k - $52k