Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Social Worker is $50,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Social Workers?
An early career Social Worker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $44,449 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Social Worker with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $64,286 based on 5 salaries.
What Do Social Workers Do?
A social worker will work closely with patients and their families to assess and treat a myriad of issues, and to help in understanding and coping with emotional and social problems of various natures. Excellent communication skills are integral to the job, as the social worker must be able to facilitate education, work with support groups, and provide referrals to patients. The employee will have the resources and research abilities to find information that is relevant to issues particular to …Read more
- Assess and treat patients and their families in understanding and coping with emotional and social problems
- Maintain caseload, documentation and reevaluate patients at appropriate intervals
- Gather relevant information pertaining to case issues
- Provide advocacy and resource services for the patient
- Facilitate education, support groups and referrals