Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Special Events Coordinator is $42,618
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Special Events Coordinators?
An entry-level Special Events Coordinator with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $37,383 based on 20 salaries. An early career Special Events Coordinator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $41,461 based on 386 …Read more
What Do Special Events Coordinators Do?
A special events coordinator's job revolves around planning, organizing, and promoting events for their company or employer. These events may serve a diverse range of functions, such as a fundraiser, volunteer appreciation event, or company dinner. They often plan or organize in an office setting, although they may required to perform physical tasks such as posting flyers around the city or visiting prospective event locations. Coordinators may also use social media to help promote the event. …Read more
- Plan and manage the logistics of an event, including venue, guests, programs, catering, and marketing.
- Track event expenses and review accuracy of invoices.
- Select event vendors and staff, direct and supervise their work.
- Supervise the set-up, running, and break down of the event, identifying and resolving problems.
- Meet with clients to plan event and establish budget.