Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Sr. Vice President (SVP), Product Development is $199,080
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Sr. Vice President (SVP), Product Developments?
An early career Sr. Vice President (SVP), Product Development with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $134,815 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career Sr. Vice President (SVP), Product Development with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of …Read more
What Do Sr. Vice President (SVP), Product Developments Do?
A senior vice president of product development is generally an executive position, and a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field and many years of experience are required. Product development SVPs help to set the direction for products to be created by the company, and they oversee the work of several employees who develop product ideas and eventually get these products into the market. There are often several proposals to be evaluated at once, and the best products should be chosen …Read more
- Oversee and coordinate organization-wide activities related to product development, production, and pricing.
- Establish and implement policies and standards, in conformance with organizational and industry norms.
- Review and shape budget and objectives for realistic planning to meet competitive goals.
- Coordinate with marketing, legal and accounting teams as needed to complete product development goals.
- Use market and technical research to direct teams from initial ideation through production and into marketing.