Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Stress Analyst is $105,903
What Do Stress Analysts Do?
The stress analyst is responsible for developing thermal analytical models to support the design of the thermal control system and its structural elements. They are responsible for gauging stress and giving their team the information and analysis it needs to move forward. An ideal candidate for this position has a strong working knowledge of standard stress analysis methodology and analytical tools (including strength and fracture mechanics) and experience in design verification disciplines. …Read more
- Know and understand regulatory requirements and customers specifications.
- Generate finite element models or rigid body analysis.
- Understand engineering drawing systems.
- Review all relevant technical specifications for the project.
- Prepare structural substantiation documents which include stress analysis, static test plans, static test results, and more.