Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Tax Examiner, Collector, or Revenue Agent is $50,361
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Tax Examiner, Collector, or Revenue Agents?
An entry-level Tax Examiner, Collector, or Revenue Agent with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $41,706 based on 9 salaries. An early career Tax Examiner, Collector, or Revenue Agent with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Tax Examiner, Collector, or Revenue Agents Do?
Tax examiners, collectors, and revenue agents are responsible for examining and analyzing tax and revenue documents on behalf of their organization, as well as processing and filling out financial forms and tax documents for clients. These agents must be organized and pay close attention to detail to identify financial errors in tax returns and financial applications while increasing profitability by taking advantage of tax deductions, tax credits, and other allowances. They often specialize in …Read more
- Review both personal and corporate local, state, and federal tax returns for completeness and accuracy.
- Advise taxpayers regarding over or underpayment of taxes.
- Conduct field and office audits of both businesses and individuals.
- Collect overdue tax payments and issue refunds accordingly.
- Ensure that all appropriate taxes are being paid and illegal deductions are not being taken.