Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Victim Advocate is $16.13
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Victim Advocates?
An entry-level Victim Advocate with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.40 based on 60 salaries. An early career Victim Advocate with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $15.78 based on 444 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Victim Advocates Do?
Victim advocates work with victims of various crimes, usually those of domestic violence, and typically work for a non-profit organization or government entity, such as a police department.
Victim advocates work with parties such as detectives and police officers in order to intervene in times of crisis, and it may be necessary to help victims develop "exit plans." These advocates may help provide temporary shelter for the victim and obtain necessary medical services, and usually continue to …Read more
- Provide crisis intervention, support, information and resources to victims.
- Complete client paperwork and document all victim interactions.
- Prepare victim for interviews and court proceedings, attend hearings and interviews in support of victim.
- Work in concert with various entities to address problems and support victim.
- Assess victim needs and make referrals to community service agencies.