What Do Warehouse Assistants Do?
Companies that ship and/or receive large amounts of goods typically employ warehouse assistants to facilitate these processes. The warehouse assistant performs a number of duties related to receiving. They review all incoming bills for accuracy (making sure the bill matches the received goods) and sign off on them. The assistant then works to ensure proper storage of these goods according to their organization's systems and rules. The warehouse assistant also handles shipping - what are often ca…Read more
- Inspect documents that are present from external suppliers.
- Perform filling work orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory management of the sub-inventory.
- Call vendors for pick ups or returns.
- Perform packaging, handling, transportation and other related shipping duties.