Avg. Base Hourly Rate (ZAR)
The average hourly pay for an Industrial Electrician is R101.28
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Industrial Electricians?
An early career Industrial Electrician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R71.66 based on 13 salaries. A mid-career Industrial Electrician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R92.58 based on 17 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Industrial Electricians Do?
Industrial electricians perform a variety of functions related to electrical controls, equipment, and wiring in an industrial plant or worksite. Their work may involve testing, troubleshooting, installation, and repair of the electrical components. In addition, they read and interpret blueprints and specifications, as well as remain current on electrical code specifications for the area.
Industrial electricians work for a variety of employers, including electrical firms, parts manufacturers, …Read more
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs and maintenance.
- Support customers by effectively interfacing with customer and office in repairing equipment as needed.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair material handling equipment.