Legal Word Processor Salary
A Legal Word Processor earns an average salary of $59,464 per year.
Job Description for Legal Word Processor
A legal word processor is responsible for all legal correspondence and documentation for a corporation or law firm. Because a majority of legal work is done via computer, working knowledge of computer programs is necessary for this position. It is extremely important that legal correspondence is accurate, so strong written and verbal communication skills are also required.Read More...
As legal word processors work with legal documents, they must be familiar with various legal definitions and "jargon" to improve communications with co-workers. They are occasionally tasked with representing their constituents via communications with other firms, as well as current or prospective clients. While these processors may not have direct contact with clients, they do work closely with other staff members, including lawyers and paralegals.
A minimum of three years of industry-related experience are generally required for this position, and some employers may also require candidates to hold an advanced degree in a legal field. Those who have relevant work experience may receive assistance from their companies to obtain the necessary degree or certifications if they elect to do so.
Legal Word Processor Tasks
- Type legal correspondence, reports, text and other written material from rough drafts, corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation using a computer, word processor or typewriter.
- Print and makes copies of work, collate and assemble.
- Perform clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update and delete documents.
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format, compute and verify numerical data.
Legal Word Processor Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Legal Word Processor
Pay by Experience Level for Legal Word Processor
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Legal Word Processor
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 8 votes.