The average hourly pay for a Mid-Career Bar Attendant is AU$21.42.
Is Bar Attendant your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
AU$19 - AU$25
AU$38,623 - AU$52,259
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Bar Attendant
Bar attendants mix and serve alcoholic and/or non-alcoholic drinks to patrons of an establishment. These professionals must know how to prepare the drinks offered by their institution; if alcoholic drinks are offered, attendants must know how to pour from a tap and mix a variety of cocktails. Bar attendants may also perform the duties of a barista in a coffee shop; in this case, the attendant must know how to mix coffee drinks and work with common industrial coffee machines. Other tasks common…Read more
Bar Attendant Tasks
- Provide beer, wine, liquor and related bar service to guests.
- Collect customer payment, provide receipts, and keep an accurate till through a shift.
- Keep a clean workstation that adheres to all applicable liquor laws and health codes relating to the service of food and drink.
- Follow recipes to make cost-efficient, accurate, and consistent drinks for all customers.
- Track inventory, memorize beer, wine and spirit menu, and be aware of all prices.
Bar Attendant Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Bar Attendant
An entry-level Bar Attendant with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$20.56 based on 153 salaries. An early career Bar Attendant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$21.26 based on 243 salaries. An experienced Bar Attendant with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$20.92 based on 51 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of AU$22.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 471 survey responses.