Avg. Base Hourly Rate (AUD)
The average hourly pay for a Clinical Nurse Leader is AU$44.99 in 2023
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Clinical Nurse Leaders?
An early career Clinical Nurse Leader with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$39.00 based on 7 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of AU$48.
What Do Clinical Nurse Leaders Do?
Clinical nurse leaders are responsible for leading all clinical nursing tasks within their organization. They are in charge of completing a variety of nursing activities and motivating other nurses to reach all clinical goals in a timely manner.
These nurse leaders must possess strong interpersonal skills to provide great service and interact well with patients on a regular basis. They also respond to family questions and strive to solve any inquiries as soon as possible. Some of their main …Read more
- Comply with health organization's different credentialing affiliations and ensuring policies are adhered to.
- Function as part of an inter-professional team by communicating, planning, and implementing care directly with other healthcare professionals, including physicians, pharmacists, social workers, clinical nurse specialists and nurse practitioners.
- Collect and evaluate patient outcomes, assess cohort risk, and assert decision-making authority to change care plans when necessary.
- Put evidence-based practice into action to ensure that patients benefit from the latest innovations in care delivery.
- Oversee the lateral integration of care for a distinct group of patients and actively provide direct patient care in complex situations.
FAQs About Clinical Nurse Leaders
What is the highest pay for Clinical Nurse Leaders?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Clinical Nurse Leader is A$50.91 / hour
What is the lowest pay for Clinical Nurse Leaders?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Clinical Nurse Leader is A$33.20 / hour
How can Clinical Nurse Leaders increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Clinical Nurse Leader is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Clinical Nurse Leader that oversees more junior Clinical Nurse Leaders, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.