Avg. Base Hourly Rate (AUD)
The average hourly pay for a Deli Manager is AU$22.22
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Deli Managers?
A mid-career Deli Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$22.86 based on 41 salaries. An experienced Deli Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$23.77 based on 40 salaries. In their late career (20 years and …Read more
What Do Deli Managers Do?
The deli manager is a position that is hired almost exclusively by grocery stores, supermarkets, and other food service companies. Generally, most companies do not require formal education, but some may prefer applicants with a high school diploma. Most companies prefer applicants with at least two years of experience in a deli and two or more years of supervisory experience. Ideal applicants must understand how to safely operate deli equipment, as well.
The job takes place in a retail …Read more
- Supervise staff and daily activities of a busy deli counter.
- Train and manage deli team members.
- Ensure proper adherence to food preparation regulations.
- Stock necessary ingredients and equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service and resolve customer dissatisfaction.