Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Deli Manager is AU$59,837
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Deli Managers?
An early career Deli Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$58,381 based on 13 salaries. A mid-career Deli Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$61,410 based on 8 salaries. An experienced Deli Manager with …Read more
What Do Deli Managers Do?
The deli manager is a position that is hired almost exclusively by grocery stores, supermarkets, and other food service companies. Generally, most companies do not require formal education, but some may prefer applicants with a high school diploma. Most companies prefer applicants with at least two years of experience in a deli and two or more years of supervisory experience. Ideal applicants must understand how to safely operate deli equipment, as well.
The job takes place in a retail …Read more
- Supervise staff and daily activities of a busy deli counter.
- Train and manage deli team members.
- Ensure proper adherence to food preparation regulations.
- Stock necessary ingredients and equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service and resolve customer dissatisfaction.