The average hourly pay for a Guidance Counselor in Australia is AU$40.00.
Is Guidance Counselor your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
AU$22 - AU$70
AU$39,822 - AU$131,778
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Guidance Counselor
As a key member of a middle school or high school’s faculty and advisement staff, the guidance counselor plays a key role with assisting students in achieving their educational goals. Guidance counselors assist students in choosing appropriate class scheduling, and they must be familiar with any academic tracks and prerequisites a school system has in place. They should be able to assess individual students using test scores, reports, and one-on-one conversations to best assist the needs of each…Read more
Guidance Counselor Tasks
- Observe and evaluate children during classroom and play activities.
- Maintain student records as required by law, district and administrative regulations.
- Help students to understand and deal with social, behavioral and personal problems.
- Evaluate student abilities, interest and talents to develop academic and career goals.
- Coordinate special need services.
Guidance Counselor Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 12 survey responses.