Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Medical and Health Services Manager is AU$97,392
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Medical and Health Services Managers?
An early career Medical and Health Services Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$90,000 based on 9 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of AU$105,362.
What Do Medical and Health Services Managers Do?
A medical and health services manager works for a health care institution such as a hospital, overseeing either the whole facility or a part of it. Although many medical and health services managers work in a hospital setting, they also work in small medical practices. The tasks that a medical and health services manager may carry out include clerical tasks such as accounting, creating and dispensing budgets, devising rate plans, and creating reports. They also manage a group of medical …Read more
- Plan, implement and administer programs and services in a health care facility or medical business.
- Provide medical expertise in implementing reimbursement policies.
- Manage patient information and databases, ensuring that they are accurate and available only to authorized personnel.
- Formulate business strategies and coordinate day-to-day business.
- Direct or conduct recruitment, hiring and training of personnel.