What Do Medical and Health Services Managers Do?
A medical and health services manager works for a health care institution such as a hospital, overseeing either the whole facility or a part of it. Although many medical and health services managers work in a hospital setting, they also work in small medical practices. The tasks that a medical and health services manager may carry out include clerical tasks such as accounting, creating and dispensing budgets, devising rate plans, and creating reports. They also manage a group of medical personne…Read more
- Plan, implement and administer programs and services in a health care facility or medical business.
- Provide medical expertise in implementing reimbursement policies.
- Manage patient information and databases, ensuring that they are accurate and available only to authorized personnel.
- Formulate business strategies and coordinate day-to-day business.
- Direct or conduct recruitment, hiring and training of personnel.