Avg. Base Hourly Rate (CAD)
The average hourly pay for an Architectural Drafter is C$17.80
What Do Architectural Drafters Do?
An architectural drafter creates precise scale drawings and schematics for structures to be built or renovated. These drawings can then be used by clients of the architectural firm for approval (or modifications until the client is satisfied with the design). The drafter’s work is then the basis that site managers use to assist in the actual construction or remodeling work to be performed.
For a modern architectural drafter, most creation of drawings uses computer-aided design (CAD) software; …Read more
- Accurately post closed work orders to the master design files.
- Review engineering drawings and supporting documentation to verify adherence to standard practices.
- Prepare layouts, drawings and designs according to engineering specifications using software.
- Log work orders into database and distribute and file work order folders daily.
- Coordinate work order process with construction supervisors, engineers and property accounting.