The average salary for a Category Manager in Ottawa, Ontario is C$73,193.
Is Category Manager your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
C$62k - C$80k
C$6k - C$14k
C$68k - C$87k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Category Manager
A category manager determines the layout of products in a store, using sophisticated demographic data to assess possible product assortment schemes, select an option, ensure the selected scheme is employed, and monitor the scheme's performance. Along with organizing a product assortment scheme, a category manager also creates charts and diagrams so that the company's annual plans are broken down into seasonal and monthly assortment change calendars. Along with dealing with product assortment, a…Read more
Category Manager Tasks
- Manage, improve and recommend the product assortment for the company.
- Verify plans and provide explanations for variances in budgeted sales and gross profit.
- Identify leverage opportunities, work with procurement, negotiate contracts, supply agreements and programs.
- Develop annual category plans which include current situation analysis, vision and strategy and specific category plans.
- Narrow categories and work with suppliers to narrow products supplied to the company.
Category Manager Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Category Manager in their job title in Calgary, Alberta earn an average of 20.8% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Toronto, Ontario (14.2% more) and Mississauga, Ontario (3.3% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Vancouver, British Columbia (15.6% less), Montréal, Québec (7.2% less) and Burlington, Ontario (1.8% less).
Related Job Salaries
C$31k - C$52k
C$42k - C$87k
C$40k - C$75k
C$39k - C$70k
C$32k - C$54k
C$50k - C$104k
C$44k - C$105k
C$39k - C$70k
C$40k - C$76k
C$49k - C$93k