Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Chief Information Security Officer is C$128,775
What Do Chief Information Security Officers Do?
Chief information security officers oversee information systems and company security for their organization. This person is expected to evaluate, report on, and suggest new ideas related to any security threats that the company currently faces, helping protect vital information and strategies. The chief information security officer typically works with a team that he or she has appointed to effectively develop the steps necessary to protect the company’s interests. Further this person must …Read more
- Maintain procedures, standards, and policies to protect the privacy and integrity of data.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and security policies.
- Provide information and training regarding information technology and security systems.
- Develop contingency plans and manage security breaches.
- Supervise development and application of security procedures and protocols.