The average salary for a Development Officer with Event Planning skills in Toronto, Ontario is C$53,513.
Is Development Officer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
C$46k - C$62k
C$48k - C$56k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Development Officer
Development officers are in charge of funding- and donor-related activities for their organization. They coordinate fundraising initiatives and collect current and prospective donor information. They cultivate professional relationships with individuals, foundations, and other agencies; they also provide continuous support to company marketing efforts. Most of the time, development officers must use research databases to effectively identify possible benefactors; they document all donations an…Read more
Development Officer Tasks
- Cultivate, solicit and provide attentive stewardship for philanthropic donors.
- Manage donor events, including identifying guests and coordinating organizational support for events.
- Work with marketing and program staff to customize materials for successful marketing and solicitation.
- Increase the number and quality of donor prospects through individual visits, research, donor database management and networking.
- Manage portfolio prospects, using focused strategic approaches.
Explore the most common career paths for Development Officer. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Development Officer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Development Officer
Major Gifts Fundraising
Skills that pay less than market rate include Marketing Communications, Major Gifts Fundraising, Event Management, Donor Relations and Fundraising.
Related Job Salaries
C$35k - C$54k
C$50k - C$104k
C$42k - C$87k
C$39k - C$70k
C$39k - C$67k
C$33k - C$56k
C$46k - C$122k
C$44k - C$106k
C$52k - C$102k
C$49k - C$109k