Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Payroll Administrator is C$49,983
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Payroll Administrators?
An entry-level Payroll Administrator with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$41,983 based on 44 salaries. An early career Payroll Administrator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$47,013 based on 571 …Read more
What Do Payroll Administrators Do?
A payroll administrator is the person who is responsible for ensuring that all employees within an organization are paid in an accurate and timely fashion. This is a position which will generally work in an indoor office environment. This administrator will generally keep weekday, daytime hours, though some overtime or extended hours may be necessary. A payroll administrator will generally work with other office personnel, as well as accounting and human resources personnel.
This person …Read more
- Ensure organizational compliance with federal and local regulations, auditing, and non-discrimination laws.
- Prepare payroll related reports.
- Process payroll, including updating employee numbers, hours, garnishments, etc.
- Record, maintain and update payroll procedures.
- Maintain employee records for new hires, pay changes, and terminations.