Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Farm Manager is £29,330
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Farm Managers?
An early career Farm Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £25,396 based on 45 salaries. A mid-career Farm Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £27,937 based on 49 salaries. An experienced Farm Manager with …Read more
What Do Farm Managers Do?
Farm managers are responsible for optimizing the production of their farms regarding either crops or livestock, as well as setting operating goals and business plans. This job often requires managing farmers and farm hands, so leadership skills are highly beneficial.
Farm mangers usually hire their own employees, and employees' work must be overseen and corrections may sometimes be necessary. These managers should have expertise in operating heavy farm equipment which may occasionally …Read more
- Oversee the operation of a farm, including planning and managing production and handling business administration.
- Ensure farm operations and practices meet health, safety, and environmental standards and regulations.
- Inspect farm buildings and equipment, making sure routine maintenance is carried out and repairs made when necessary.
- Hire, train, and supervise workers and plan, coordinate, and direct their activities.
- Plan and direct activities such as planting, growing, and harvesting crops or breeding and raising livestock.