Avg. Base Hourly Rate (GBP)
The average hourly pay for a Farmer is £9.41
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Farmers?
An early career Farmer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £8.35 based on 30 salaries. A mid-career Farmer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £9.76 based on 11 salaries. An experienced Farmer with 10-19 years of experience …Read more
What Do Farmers Do?
A farmer performs a number of different roles on a farm, potentially working as a businessperson, laborer, manager, planner, and financier. Farmers must operate or maintain equipment such as milkers, combines, horse haulers, and trucks to move animals, grain, and crops. They also perform a number of labor-intensive tasks related to the animals and/or crops under their care.
If the farmer is independent and manages their own land, they must have excellent business skills to fund all of their …Read more
- Manage and participate in daily farm operations such as crop planning, tillage work, planting, and more.
- Make operational and crop management recommendations based on advancements in technology and new farming techniques.
- Ensure that farm operations and practices meet health, safety and environmental standards and regulations.
- Maintain and communicate operational and crop management records.
- Hire, train, and supervise farm crew.