The average hourly pay for an Experienced Medical Secretary with Typing skills in Birmingham, England: Birmingham is £9.50.
Is Medical Secretary your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
£0 - £10
£19,174 - £21,383
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Medical Secretary
Medical secretaries perform administrative work in a clinical, hospital, or other medical environment. They often have front-office duties and will greet customers as they enter the facility. Since they are the first individuals to interact with patients, it's important to maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Medical secretaries are tasked with answering phone calls and scheduling patients for appointments, and they communicate often with insurance companies to ensure that clients are…Read more
Medical Secretary Tasks
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Provide administrative support, such as budget preparation, record keeping and reporting.
- Receive and route messages and documents to appropriate staff.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
Explore the most common career paths for Medical Secretary. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Medical Secretary Job Listings
Popular Skills for Medical Secretary
Avg. Hourly Rate
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.