Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Senior Business Development Manager is £48,628
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Business Development Managers?
An early career Senior Business Development Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £40,216 based on 33 salaries. A mid-career Senior Business Development Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £47,843 based on 70 …Read more
What Do Senior Business Development Managers Do?
A senior business development manager is primarily responsible for creating and maintaining strong relationships and making business decisions. A senior business development manager is very similar to a business manager, and this position exists in a variety of industries.
However, in all industries, many duties of senior business development managers are the same. They must plan ways to grow the business, identify areas of client needs, manage and participate in business negotiations, and …Read more
- Research, locate, define and target key business prospects.
- Work with customers to provide feedback to development teams for new content and products.
- Establish and nurture relationships that fill business pipeline with prospective partners and customers.
- Negotiate new partnerships and business alliances; work closely with legal experts to write contracts for new business partners.
- Create business development strategies; identify roadblocks and drive new business from conception through closure.