The average salary for a Small Business Owner / Operator in United Kingdom is £30,521.
Small Business Owner / Operator by
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Small Business Owner / Operators Do?
Small business owners and operators work in a variety of industries such as retail goods, auto repair, home inspection, and many others. Their primary duties (outside of their respective skill or trade) include managing employees, providing customer service, promoting their business, filing and documenting appropriate business accounts, and ensuring their business meets any local, state, and federal requirements. Small business owners may work from a storefront, office space, or even from their …Read more
Small Business Owner / Operator Tasks
- Oversee company operations, directing production, sales, administrative, and/or distribution activities.
- Oversee and/or assist with personnel management, including hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Oversee and/or assist with client acquisition and marketing strategies.
- Develop and/or assist with company-wide policies, procedures, objectives, and business strategies.
- Direct and review financial activities, measuring productivity, setting prices, and/or managing budgets.
Small Business Owner / Operator Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Small Business Owner / Operators?
Skills in Leadership are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Customer Service, Sales, Project Management and Operations Management.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Small Business Owner / Operators?
An early career Small Business Owner / Operator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £32,500 based on 12 salaries. A mid-career Small Business Owner / Operator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £25,962 based on 8 salaries. An experienced Small Business Owner / Operator with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £26,015 based on 12 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of £36,174.
Pay Difference by Location
Years of Experience
This data is based on 52 survey responses.