Avg. Base Hourly Rate (GBP)
The average hourly pay for a Waiter/Waitress, Hotel is £7.27
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Waiter/Waitress, Hotels?
An entry-level Waiter/Waitress, Hotel with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £6.69 based on 34 salaries. An early career Waiter/Waitress, Hotel with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £7.21 based on 142 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Waiter/Waitress, Hotels Do?
A waiter/waitress who works in a hotel generally serves food and/or drinks to the hotel's patrons. A hotel's waiter/waitress job typically includes seating customers, giving them menu suggestions, taking their food and drink orders, delivering the food and preparing the bill for it. A college or advanced degree is generally not required for this type of position; many waiters/waitresses only have a high school diploma or GED. There may, however, be an age restriction for applicants who apply …Read more
- Provide table service, taking orders, delivering food, checking in with customers, and responding to requests.
- Addresses and resolves customer complaints and issues, relaying information to supervisors.
- Assist guests in selecting food and beverages, providing suggestions, daily specials, and sharing recipe ingredients.
- Places guest orders at the back of the house.
- Serve, collect, and process tickets and payments.