Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Academic Advisor is $41,500
What Do Academic Advisors Do?
Universities and colleges employ academic advisors to help current and incoming students make appropriate decisions regarding their education. The advisor is typically assigned to a specific university department and has a strong knowledge of all requirements for degrees offered in that department. The advisor serves as an information provider, counselor, and facilitator for students.
The advisor helps students design their course schedules, keeps abreast of degree requirement changes or …Read more
- Advise students on potential avenues of education based on strengths and interests.
- Assist with student enrollment and registration.
- Issue recommendations to the proper department for enhanced student success.
- Sustain contact with students throughout their education journey and guide them towards graduation.
- Provide mentoring and success strategy counseling services to students.