Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Accounting Manager is $73,698
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Accounting Managers?
A mid-career Accounting Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $70,000 based on 7 salaries. An experienced Accounting Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $66,466 based on 20 salaries.
What Do Accounting Managers Do?
In most businesses, an accounting manager develops and implements systems for gathering, analyzing, verifying, and reporting certain types of financial information. Typically, an accounting manager is a part of a larger group (or managerial staff) that includes other mid-level business managers.
Some of the job duties of an accounting manager include hiring, training, and coaching subordinates, as well as enforcing company policies, rules, and procedures. Accounting managers usually complete …Read more
- Oversee the posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, payroll transactions, accounts payable and general ledger adjustments.
- Provide financial analysis statements including monthly balance sheets, income statements, cash flows statements, and actual to budget and last year variance analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget and accounting.
- Manage the daily activities of the accounting department.
- Collect and provide information for audit inquiries and give assistance to auditors.