Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Accounting Manager is $73,497 in 2023
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Accounting Managers?
A mid-career Accounting Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $73,946 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Accounting Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $59,500 based on 7 salaries.
What Do Accounting Managers Do?
In most businesses, an accounting manager develops and implements systems for gathering, analyzing, verifying, and reporting certain types of financial information. Typically, an accounting manager is a part of a larger group (or managerial staff) that includes other mid-level business managers.
Some of the job duties of an accounting manager include hiring, training, and coaching subordinates, as well as enforcing company policies, rules, and procedures. Accounting managers usually complete …Read more
- Manage the daily activities of the accounting department.
- Collect and provide information for audit inquiries and give assistance to auditors.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget and accounting.
- Oversee the posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, payroll transactions, accounts payable and general ledger adjustments.
- Provide financial analysis statements including monthly balance sheets, income statements, cash flows statements, and actual to budget and last year variance analysis.
FAQs About Accounting Managers
What is the highest pay for Accounting Managers in Portland?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for an Accounting Manager in Portland is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Accounting Managers in Portland?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for an Accounting Manager in Portland is $NaN / year
How can Accounting Managers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as an Accounting Manager is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are an Accounting Manager that oversees more junior Accounting Managers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.