The average salary for an Accounting Manager at EY (Ernst & Young) is $100,670.
Is Accounting Manager your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$78k - $120k
$1k - $5k
$78k - $123k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Accounting Manager
In most businesses, an accounting manager develops and implements systems for gathering, analyzing, verifying, and reporting certain types of financial information. Typically, an accounting manager is a part of a larger group (or managerial staff) that includes other mid-level business managers. Some of the job duties of an accounting manager include hiring, training, and coaching subordinates, as well as enforcing company policies, rules, and procedures. Accounting managers usually complete …Read more
Accounting Manager Tasks
- Oversee the posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, payroll transactions, accounts payable and general ledger adjustments.
- Provide financial analysis statements including monthly balance sheets, income statements, cash flows statements, and actual to budget and last year variance analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget and accounting.
- Manage the daily activities of the accounting department.
- Collect and provide information for audit inquiries and give assistance to auditors.
Popular Employer Salaries for Accounting Manager
The top respondents for the job title Accounting Manager are from the companies Consolidated Pipe & Supply Birmingham, JFC Staffing and KPMG, LLP. Reported salaries are highest at KPMG, LLP where the average pay is $102,463. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Bridge Housing Corporation and Abc Corp., earning around $89,263 and $81,500, respectively. JFC Staffing pays the lowest at around $56,500. SMG Management and M2S also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $58,874 and $63,871, respectively.
Explore the most common career paths for Accounting Manager. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Accounting Manager Job Listings
Popular Skills for Accounting Manager
Years of Experience
This data is based on 12 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$32k - $67k
$28k - $55k
$41k - $102k
$39k - $70k
$39k - $62k
$48k - $111k
$46k - $93k
$45k - $80k
$32k - $70k
$28k - $52k