Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Assistant Director, Child Care is $32,500
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Assistant Director, Child Cares?
A mid-career Assistant Director, Child Care with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $30,000 based on 7 salaries. An experienced Assistant Director, Child Care with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $36,890 based on 5 salaries.
What Do Assistant Director, Child Cares Do?
Assistant director positions are found throughout the child care industry, ranging from preschool environments to clinics and academies. Exact educational requirements may vary, but a postsecondary degree in child development or early childhood education is commonly needed. In addition, relevant experience - including in a managerial role - is needed. Many localities also have their own set of certification requirements, and common licenses ranging from CPR to first aid to other forms of safety …Read more
- Assist the director with planning, managing, marketing, and directing a childcare program.
- Teach and monitor children when needed.
- Maintain center paperwork, keeping files on each child and proof of meeting government regulations.
- Supervise and evaluate teachers, provide mentoring and training to help teachers improve their skills.
- Work with the director and teachers to establish, evaluate, and revise curriculum.