Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Assistant Grocery Store Manager is $15.55
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Assistant Grocery Store Managers?
An entry-level Assistant Grocery Store Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $13.17 based on 8 salaries. An early career Assistant Grocery Store Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.34 based …Read more
What Do Assistant Grocery Store Managers Do?
The assistant grocery store manager is often second-in-command to the manager, and assists him/her as needed. They have the responsibilities of maintaining the day-to-day running of the store and looking after the inventory, purchase orders, plans, and daily paperwork. They should also be able to handle management responsibilities if the manager is away for an extended period of time.
Assistant grocery store managers work under the manager and, depending on the industry, may be responsible …Read more
- Assist manager with the daily operation of a grocery store, taking on full responsibilities when the manager is absent.
- Order products, manage store inventory, and monitor product quality.
- Uphold high standards of customer service, responding to customer complaints and backing up cashiers when necessary.
- Work to implement plans which improve customer service, increase sales, and motivate employees.
- Supervise and help grocery store employees, participating in the process of hiring and training employees.