Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Assistant Principal is $65,000
What Do Assistant Principals Do?
An assistant principal holds a supervisory, management-level position in a school. They help ensure that standards related to curriculum, discipline, and organization are met across all areas of the institution; related to this, they ensure that standards and guidelines set by the principal are enforced. Normally assistant principals work in middle schools and high schools, although larger elementary schools also usually have individuals in this position.
The assistant principal work with …Read more
- Establish academic and behavioral standards for students and administer student discipline.
- Communicate school goals, vision, and needs to teachers, parents, and the community.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, implement emergency plans, and enforce safety regulations.
- Supervise and evaluate school teaching staff and support staff, help coordinate staff training and mentoring.
- Assist the principal with managing school administration, curriculum, programs, services, and resources.