Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Attorney / Lawyer is $62,267
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Attorney / Lawyers?
An early career Attorney / Lawyer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $73,423 based on 3,147 salaries. A mid-career Attorney / Lawyer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $97,180 based on 2,010 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Attorney / Lawyers Do?
Attorneys apply the law to specific situations and advise their clients on a course of action based on legal rights and responsibilities. Some attorneys work in the business world, providing counsel to corporate clients on business transactions. Other attorneys work with persons in the legal system, advocating on their behalf and representing them in court actions.
Attorneys specialize in an area of law, such as contracts, criminal cases, or patent litigation. Most lawyers work in private …Read more
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges and question witnesses during the course of a trial.