Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Bicycle Mechanic is $13.90
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Bicycle Mechanics?
An entry-level Bicycle Mechanic with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $11.36 based on 9 salaries. An early career Bicycle Mechanic with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.60 based on 112 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Bicycle Mechanics Do?
Bicycle mechanics conduct repairs on bicycles for customers. These mechanics generally must have prior experience in repairing bikes, and they should have the ability to repair a wide variety of bike brands; this includes being knowledgeable in lacing, truing, and dishing of bike wheels. No certifications are required for this position, though many employers require or prefer a high school diploma or equivalent. As this job often involves working directly with clients, prior customer service …Read more
- Inspect, assemble, take apart, repair, and replace parts on bicycles.
- Assemble and maintain demonstration and/or rental bicycles.
- Update inventory, service orders, part orders, and bicycle status logs.
- Conduct bike maintenance and work with customers to explain bike care.
- Troubleshoot and test bicycles, ensuring safety.