Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Call Center Representative is $16.62
What Do Call Center Representatives Do?
A call center representative acts as the voice and face of the company when interacting with customers. Their duties include answering customer questions, resolving individual problems, handling complaints, and handling other transactions. Shifts can vary greatly from company to company; some companies that offer a 24-hour service have overnight shifts, while others offer a standard 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. call center. Representatives are expected to work with their direct supervisor to set personal …Read more
- Consult with customers by telephone to provide information, take orders, answer questions and handle complaints.
- Place outbound calls, following a script to generate sales.
- Investigate and follow up on customer problems.
- Document outcomes and steps taken.
- Update customer files and databases.