The average hourly pay for a Carpenter Foreman is $26.05.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Carpenter Foremen Do?
A carpenter foreman is a key supervisor and manager on any major construction project. He or she supervises and directs the carpenters who work with wood on such projects. These can typically involve tasks like laying hardwood floors, building wooden staircases, framing and hanging doors, and building cabinetry and closets. In building projects that require multiple carpenters to perform these jobs, the carpenter foreman serves as their immediate supervisor. In turn, the foreman usually reports …Read more
Carpenter Foreman Tasks
- Follow Industry standards and procedures and comply with federal, state, and local building codes.
- Determine material requirements, conformance and dimensions of structure and check against blueprints.
- Maintain continuity among carpentry work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Understand safety regulations and provide guidance on policies and procedures.
- Assesses equipment, materials and labor needed to complete large and/or complex maintenance task to ensure work meets industry standards and reduces waste.
Job Satisfaction for Carpenter Foreman
Popular Employer Salaries for Carpenter Foreman
Carpenter Foreman Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Carpenter Foremen?
Skills in Blueprints, Project Management, Team Leadership and People Management are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Window or Door Installation.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Carpenter Foremen?
An early career Carpenter Foreman with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $21.73 based on 1,456 salaries. A mid-career Carpenter Foreman with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $25.00 based on 2,416 salaries. An experienced Carpenter Foreman with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $26.66 based on 6,976 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $28.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Carpenter Foreman in their job title in San Diego, California earn an average of 38.2% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (29.7% more) and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (15.2% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Tampa, Florida (15.5% less), Richmond, Virginia (13.6% less) and Phoenix, Arizona (4.0% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 19,200 survey responses.