Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Carpenter Foreman is $27.24
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Carpenter Foremen?
An entry-level Carpenter Foreman with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $21.47 based on 32 salaries. An early career Carpenter Foreman with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $23.94 based on 976 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Carpenter Foremen Do?
A carpenter foreman is a key supervisor and manager on any major construction project. He or she supervises and directs the carpenters who work with wood on such projects. These can typically involve tasks like laying hardwood floors, building wooden staircases, framing and hanging doors, and building cabinetry and closets. In building projects that require multiple carpenters to perform these jobs, the carpenter foreman serves as their immediate supervisor. In turn, the foreman usually reports …Read more
- Follow Industry standards and procedures and comply with federal, state, and local building codes.
- Determine material requirements, conformance and dimensions of structure and check against blueprints.
- Maintain continuity among carpentry work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Understand safety regulations and provide guidance on policies and procedures.
- Assesses equipment, materials and labor needed to complete large and/or complex maintenance task to ensure work meets industry standards and reduces waste.