Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Carpet Installer is $16.22
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Carpet Installers?
An entry-level Carpet Installer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $12.21 based on 7 salaries. An early career Carpet Installer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.37 based on 58 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Carpet Installers Do?
Carpet installers have a physical job with many responsibilities, including measuring and prepping a room for carpeting, ripping up and disposing of old carpet, going over samples and carpet products with clients, and installing the new carpet. Carpet installers should have an eye for detail, be able to complete a job once they've started, be able to work well with others and be able to work well on their own with minimal supervision. They must also be able to move equipment and flooring, …Read more
- Drive to sites, remove existing carpeting, assess condition of floors, and install new carpet.
- Answer questions, provide information, and represent the organization.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
- Clean work areas and vehicles, remove scraps, and dispose of materials.
- Carry equipment, materials, and goods to and from various locations.